(He is so happy to be adopted!)
A Few Frugal Things-
– We canceled our weekend trip out of town a couple weekends ago to stay home with the new puppy and had so much fun doing things around town and we saved a LOT of money
– We just flew to Texas for my sister’s baby shower. We created a hacker fare by buying one way tickets on Frontier and Allegiant, both discount airlines so the total including our seats was less than $100 round trip.
– None of us paid for a bag for our three day trip so we will all just pack in our free personal item bags. I can pack for a week in a rolling laptop bag.
– I’m getting lots of free exercise when I’m walking our little guy and we are doing a lot of stuff with him that doesn’t cost a thing like going to an outdoor art festival, playing on the tennis court, going on a hike, etc.
– We were able to buy most of the puppy’s new toys and treats from Dollar Tree, all with the necessary Made in the USA label for safety reasons
– I was given a couple of gift cards for my birthday and I’m excited to go shopping for FREE, I might even get something that isn’t practical!
– My mom, my day and Brant all treated for 3 separate dinners for my birthday. I feel very loved!
– We had fun going to a free art festival and taking the puppy. It was a really nice day.
– I LOVE, LOVE spending time with the new puppy and having to walk him several times a day is good exercise and fun.
– We had leftovers from several different places in the fridge but most included rice and we mixed them together for another great, healthy meal.
– The puppy came with a free vet visit and we are using it for the rest of his puppy shots.
– I had a class party with one of my classes that was ending and everyone brought in so much food that is was free lunch. I ended up taking home cupcakes, a bag of snack size candy bars, a gift bag, and plastic cups.
– We went out for Sushi and found a great new place with inexpensive prices and go lucky to go on a night when they were having a lot of discounts.
– I made an easy crockpot meal for dinners for this week
– Still bringing my lunch to work instead of buying it
– I can make my own tea and coffee at work instead of buying it
– I was able to buy a few small items I need off of Amazon and I will save the packaging to use for my eBay business
– My brother passed along his dog’s kennel to us after she was potty trained. We didn’t end up using it so I’m extra glad we didn’t buy a new one.
– My schedule makes it nearly impossible to visit my favorite thrift store on their half off day which stinks but also saves me money
– I’m doing better about printing and making copies at work instead of at home so I’m saving on ink and paper costs
– We got together with our friends and met at the house for drinks before going out for sushi. It was fun and fairly frugal and they loved the new puppy!
– The puppy is only 7lbs so he gets cold really easily. He actually seems to like wearing clothes to keep warm. We went to the pet store and looked at dog clothes that were incredibly expensive and said no way! I ordered him a few things off of Amazon and also found a pattern online that I could adapt to make him more clothes on my sewing machine.
Not So Frugal-
– We splurged and bought the puppy a few new toys from the pet store to celebrate his adoption. Worth every penny! There is nothing cuter than an adorable puppy playing with his adorable toys and I know he will use them until they fall apart. He carries them from room to room and plays nonstop.
– I continue to do a few online jobs here and there and I currently have enough recently for about $50 in Amazon gift cards. These jobs usually pay about $10 and I do them when I have free time but I would probably earn twice as much if I made sure not to miss any as I frequently do when I get busy with my full time job.
– Update- Did $30 more of online work this week in about 20mins while I was waiting around at work