I was excited to fine these Mini Physician’s Formula Eye Shadow Palettes at Dollar Tree for $1! So excited that I bought one for my sister and brother’s girl friend too. I always find this brand to be good quality and these can be $10 or more at regular drug stores.
Category Archives: Dollar Stores
As anyone who visits this site probably knows, I LOVE DOLLAR TREE! The other day I started thinking, could you buy one week’s worth of food for one person for just $10? I believe the answer is yes! You wouldn’t necessarily have to do this at Dollar Tree, any $1 store would probably work.
This would not be the most interesting week of meals but it would get you through the week in a pinch. I have also tried to make the meals as healthy as possible. Even at the dollar store there are some small choices that made this meal plan a little healthier such as by choosing whole wheat bread over white and brown rice over white.
Here is what I came up with-
Items I bought for $1 each-
– 1) A Full loaf of Whole Wheat Bread
– 2) Brown Rice
– 3) Black Beans
– 4) Peanut Butter
– 5) Jelly
– 6) Canister of Oatmeal
– 7) Honey
– 8) Spaghetti Sauce
– 9) Spaghetti Noodles (these coincidentally were the largest bag of pasta offered for $1)
– 10) ?????? $1 item?????- Last item your choice!
$10 One Week Meal Plan-
– Oatmeal with Honey (or Peanut Butter or Jelly)
– Toast with Peanut Butter or Jelly
– Peanut Butter or Jelly Sandwiches
– Spaghetti sauce and noodles
– Brown Rice and Black Beans
Alternative $1 Items-
* Note- most of these are not as healthy as the original choices
– Instead of Peanut Butter you could buy hazelnut spread
– Instead of Jelly you could just use the honey
– Instead of Oatmeal and Honey you could probably buy a bag of cereal and a small milk
– Instead of honey you could buy a large jar of apple/peach pie filling to have with the oatmeal
– Instead of Spaghetti Sauce you could use any sauce you can buy for $1
Ideas for the last $1 item-
– Parmesan Cheese for the spaghetti
– Popcorn for lunches
– Salsa for with the rice and beans
– Instant Coffee
– A 5 pack of Ramen Noodles
– A can of soup
What do you think? Could you survive on this meal plan for 1 week if you had only $10 to buy yourself food?
Recently we have started making our own Iced Green Tea. I tried buying some in the store but it was expensive and the first ingredient was High Fructose Corn Syrup which we try to avoid. So we ended up making it and it was really cheap and easy.
– green tea bags ($1 for 80 at Dollar Tree)
– a sweetener of your choice, we use Agave (Optional)
– A Coffee Pot (You can probably also use a pot on the stove)
– Put a coffee filter and 8 green tea bags in the top of the coffee maker
– Fill the 12 cup coffee maker with water
– Turn it on and let it brew
– Let it cool
– Pour it in a pitcher ($1 at Dollar Tree)
– Add sweetener (Optional) and put it in the fridge to drink when you want
That’s it and you have made your own green tea! We like this because we are trying to eat and drink healthy.
I was at my local Dollar Tree the other day and found this Lowell All Natural Black Currant Jam. Dollar Tree sometimes has close out items from other stores so I’m not sure if this is something they will regularly carry or not. I have noticed that items like this tend to go fast. We try to buy Organic/Natural products when we can and the last jar of Organic jam we bought was $3-4 so at $1 this is a good price.
The label said-
– All Natural Ingredients
– No Preservatives
– No Artificial Colors or Flavors
Note- All Dollar Tree stores can carry slightly different items, so it may be hit or miss if your store carries it
I grew up working on a farm and I guess there are some things that are never gonna change (yes, the last part is from a country song). I have always loved steak and potatoes. I also love A1 steak sauce but it can cost as much as $5-6 a bottle so I usually only try to buy it when it is B1G1 with coupons. However, my father discovered this Blazin Blends Zesty Blend steak sauce at Dollar Tree. While won’t say that it is 100% the same I will say that it does have a similar taste to A1 steak sauce. So for 1/5th the price it’s definitely worth trying.
You might think I’m joking but I live by the shark bite capital of the world and our friend was just bit by a shark. He is a surfer and was the first shark bite of the year. Since he’s going to be okay we got him a balloon with a shark attached as a Get Well Soon gift!
My favorite place to buy helium balloons for special occasions is Dollar Tree. They only cost $1 and they last a really long time. I don’t see the point in spending more than $1 on something that will eventually be thrown away.
I love to go to Dollar Tree and look around. It’s fun to know that I can afford to buy anything in the store. Here are some of the things I found interesting from this trip.
1. Garage Sale Stuff- If you are planning on having a yard sale this summer Dollar Tree has you covered
3. They have a lot of stuff for your garden if you are planning on planting a garden soon you might want to take a look. I especially liked the rectangular garden boxes because we rent and I want to be able to plant some vegetables anyways.
What is not to like about Dollar Tree where you can easily afford to buy anything in the store? I found a few neat things when I was there on my last visit. I really liked the cool hand animal temporary tattoos for kids in the above picture. I could see these providing hours of entertainment. Below I found Ed Hardy lighters also for only $1.
As most of you know everything at Dollar Tree is only $1 and they just recently started taking coupons. Don’t forget that they only accept 2 printable coupons per shopping trip. I had a friend with me today who was nice enough to let me add a couple of things to her transaction so I could use 4 of them.
-$1 off Cepacol product, excl 4 pk. printable
Cost After Coupons- Free
Solo Bowls (They were out of plates)–
-$1.25/2 Solo products, SS 12/02
Cost After Coupons- .75¢ for 2
When I went to Dollar Tree yesterday I was given this flyer advertising 10% off of a $10 or more purchase on Oct. 7th. That will make everything in the store .90¢ but I’m sure they will be busy! With coupons this will be an even better deal. I might check it out.
I also was able to do this deal and get 4 small bags of cheese for $1.60.
Dollar Tree Sargento Cheese $1
$.60 off any 1 Sargento Cheese 9/23SS
Final Price $.40