I was excited to fine these Mini Physician’s Formula Eye Shadow Palettes at Dollar Tree for $1! So excited that I bought one for my sister and brother’s girl friend too. I always find this brand to be good quality and these can be $10 or more at regular drug stores.
Tag Archives: Dollar Tree
As anyone who visits this site probably knows, I LOVE DOLLAR TREE! The other day I started thinking, could you buy one week’s worth of food for one person for just $10? I believe the answer is yes! You wouldn’t necessarily have to do this at Dollar Tree, any $1 store would probably work.
This would not be the most interesting week of meals but it would get you through the week in a pinch. I have also tried to make the meals as healthy as possible. Even at the dollar store there are some small choices that made this meal plan a little healthier such as by choosing whole wheat bread over white and brown rice over white.
Here is what I came up with-
Items I bought for $1 each-
– 1) A Full loaf of Whole Wheat Bread
– 2) Brown Rice
– 3) Black Beans
– 4) Peanut Butter
– 5) Jelly
– 6) Canister of Oatmeal
– 7) Honey
– 8) Spaghetti Sauce
– 9) Spaghetti Noodles (these coincidentally were the largest bag of pasta offered for $1)
– 10) ?????? $1 item?????- Last item your choice!
$10 One Week Meal Plan-
– Oatmeal with Honey (or Peanut Butter or Jelly)
– Toast with Peanut Butter or Jelly
– Peanut Butter or Jelly Sandwiches
– Spaghetti sauce and noodles
– Brown Rice and Black Beans
Alternative $1 Items-
* Note- most of these are not as healthy as the original choices
– Instead of Peanut Butter you could buy hazelnut spread
– Instead of Jelly you could just use the honey
– Instead of Oatmeal and Honey you could probably buy a bag of cereal and a small milk
– Instead of honey you could buy a large jar of apple/peach pie filling to have with the oatmeal
– Instead of Spaghetti Sauce you could use any sauce you can buy for $1
Ideas for the last $1 item-
– Parmesan Cheese for the spaghetti
– Popcorn for lunches
– Salsa for with the rice and beans
– Instant Coffee
– A 5 pack of Ramen Noodles
– A can of soup
What do you think? Could you survive on this meal plan for 1 week if you had only $10 to buy yourself food?
Saw It On Pinterest and Tried It- Homemade 2 Ingredient Downy Wrinkle Releaser- Can Be Natural/Organic!
EDIT: I must report that after I posted this I discovered that you can literally just use a spray bottle with water to take wrinkles out of almost all clothing. I’m a college professor so I’m constantly spraying down business clothes and it works!!!!
We LOVE Downy Wrinkle Releaser because it’s so much easier than ironing, especially while we are traveling. However, I became concerned about the chemicals that were in it that we were spraying all over ourselves. So when I found this recipe I was really excited to be able to make my own.
– Fabric Softener of your choice (the cheap stuff is fine, you can buy a jug for $1 at Dollar tree)
* To make this Natural/Organic use Natural/Organic Fabric Softener
* Remember that the scent of your fabric softener is the scent of your spray so make sure you pick one you like
– A Spray Bottle ($1 at Dollar tree)
– Mix 1/3 cup of water with 1 teaspoon of fabric softener in a spray bottle
*multiply this recipe to make a larger portion
I happened to have a couple of free in the mail samples of fabric softener and I wanted to try making it for free before I buy natural/organic fabric softener to make it with. The single sample size portion you see in the photo above was large enough to make enough mix to fill the above spray bottle several times and I still have some left over.
Thanks, TheMakeYourOwnZone for this pin on Pinterest that really works!
I was at my local Dollar Tree the other day and found this Lowell All Natural Black Currant Jam. Dollar Tree sometimes has close out items from other stores so I’m not sure if this is something they will regularly carry or not. I have noticed that items like this tend to go fast. We try to buy Organic/Natural products when we can and the last jar of Organic jam we bought was $3-4 so at $1 this is a good price.
The label said-
– All Natural Ingredients
– No Preservatives
– No Artificial Colors or Flavors
Note- All Dollar Tree stores can carry slightly different items, so it may be hit or miss if your store carries it
I grew up working on a farm and I guess there are some things that are never gonna change (yes, the last part is from a country song). I have always loved steak and potatoes. I also love A1 steak sauce but it can cost as much as $5-6 a bottle so I usually only try to buy it when it is B1G1 with coupons. However, my father discovered this Blazin Blends Zesty Blend steak sauce at Dollar Tree. While won’t say that it is 100% the same I will say that it does have a similar taste to A1 steak sauce. So for 1/5th the price it’s definitely worth trying.
You might think I’m joking but I live by the shark bite capital of the world and our friend was just bit by a shark. He is a surfer and was the first shark bite of the year. Since he’s going to be okay we got him a balloon with a shark attached as a Get Well Soon gift!
My favorite place to buy helium balloons for special occasions is Dollar Tree. They only cost $1 and they last a really long time. I don’t see the point in spending more than $1 on something that will eventually be thrown away.
I love to go to Dollar Tree and look around. It’s fun to know that I can afford to buy anything in the store. Here are some of the things I found interesting from this trip.
1. Garage Sale Stuff- If you are planning on having a yard sale this summer Dollar Tree has you covered
3. They have a lot of stuff for your garden if you are planning on planting a garden soon you might want to take a look. I especially liked the rectangular garden boxes because we rent and I want to be able to plant some vegetables anyways.
What is not to like about Dollar Tree where you can easily afford to buy anything in the store? I found a few neat things when I was there on my last visit. I really liked the cool hand animal temporary tattoos for kids in the above picture. I could see these providing hours of entertainment. Below I found Ed Hardy lighters also for only $1.
When I went to Dollar Tree yesterday I was given this flyer advertising 10% off of a $10 or more purchase on Oct. 7th. That will make everything in the store .90¢ but I’m sure they will be busy! With coupons this will be an even better deal. I might check it out.
I also was able to do this deal and get 4 small bags of cheese for $1.60.
Dollar Tree Sargento Cheese $1
$.60 off any 1 Sargento Cheese 9/23SS
Final Price $.40
It made my day when I heard that Dollar Tree was going to be taking coupons. Everything in the store is $1 and there have been many times that I have seen items in the store that I had coupons for. It took me a couple weeks to get there with my coupons and try it out. I looked up the deals that other people had found and gathered up the coupons in the above picture hoping to score some free stuff or great deals.
Unfortunately, because each Dollar Tree carries different items, they didn’t have any of the items I was looking for except one. I was able to get some free A&D cream for a friend but other than that I was out of luck. I will just have to visit another dollar tree or wait until I find my own deals at the dollar tree by my house. I’m not giving up but I guess couponing at dollar tree might not be as easy as I thought.